Media Matters, on Monday, reported, in part, the following:
1. On The War Room with Quinn & Rose, guest host Mike Pintek opened the show by saying, 'You need to know that Barack Obama is a monster and a liar who would be very much at home in Communist China, where killing babies is an industry.' Pintek went on to claim that Obama 'believes so firmly in abortion, he is so radical in his support for abortion and infanticide that he believes if a woman chooses abortion, she's entitled to a dead body no matter what.'"
The "monster and liar" is clearly Mike Pintek!
2. An editorial in Investor's Business Daily claimed "that after Kenyan politician Raila Odinga lost his country's presidential election in late 2007, 'angry Odinga supporters crying fraud sparked riots that resulted in some 1,500 deaths. Amid his ancestral country's civil unrest, [Sen. Barack] Obama took time out from the campaign trail to phone Odinga to voice his support.'
"However, while IBD claimed that Obama phoned Odinga to 'voice is support,' Obama and his campaign have reportedly said that he pressed Odinga to conduct unconditional negotiations to end the violence during the phone conversation, which was reportedly approved by the State Department."
3. Over and over again, rightwing crackpots have, as did Fox News' Sean Hannity and Karl Rove, "that Sen. Barack Obama paid below market value for his house, despite the fact that the sellers reportedly said tthey did not cut the price for Obama." In fact, this claim has been disproved numerous times over the past few months, but Hannity and Rove and others of their ilk continue with the lies!
4. Again from Fox (Faux) News. This was before Michelle Obama's speech to the DNC Convention. Juan Williams claimed that Michelle would have a problem. "Well, she's got to her herself, but I do not think she can go for it all out in terms of this kind of militant anger that she sometimes uses."
Other than the sentence consists of lousy English, Williams is full of crap. What does he know of Michelle Obama? And he never states just what this "militant anger" is.
After listening to the speech, one would have to say that Mr. Williams should be given his walking papers.
5. "Radio host Neal Boortz falsely suggested Sen. Barack Obama is a Muslim, saying, 'Let's ask Obama how many prayer rugs he has.' Obama is a Christian, not a Muslim."
6. A contradiction in terms. David Freddoso claimed, on Fox New's America's Election HQ, that "Senator [Barack] Obama says that he is a reformer, an agent of positive change. And looking at his record, though, in Chicago, Springfield, and Washington, I found that he is absolutely -- there's nothing in his record to bear out that claim."
That's funny because "in Freddoso's recently released book, he specifically credit Obama with two 'real accomplishment[s] ... in the name of reform' -- the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006, and a 1998 Illinois ethics bill."
7. Bill Kristol never knows what he's talking about, but he put his foot in his mouth again. When Obama chose Joe Biden as a running mate, Kristol whined that what "Obama's imposition of a glass ceiling."
The trouble is Kristol's not one who gives a damn about women or gender equity. During the primary he said that "'[w]hite women are a problem' and attributed Sen. Hillary Clinton's New Hampshire primary victory to here 'pretend[ing] to cry.'"
The above incidents and statements are not in the least unusual. Similar comments are broadcast around the clock on media outlets around the world. It is very clear that Republican leaders, operatives, and media pundits have utterly no regard for the truth!
Even worse, many of them call for violence against their perceived enemies. We've already seen how one man, no doubt deranged to begin with, was pushed to assault and kill "liberal" church worshipers because of things he had heard on radio and television. Ann Coulter, among others, has actually suggested that certain people be murdered.
If anything happens to Barack Obama, much of the blame must be laid at the feet of these self-righteous, yet evil people, who spew their filth across the airwaves and in the pages of their newspapers, magazines and blogs.
And if that seems harsh, or too "sectarian," ask yourself when you have heard a Democrat, either in the political arena or elsewhere -- in any capacity -- call for violence against a political opponent.