Which one of these two crazy people is most likely to start a nuclear war which would, of course, kill everyone on earth and make the earth uninhabitable for hundreds of millions of years?
Would it be this goofball, Kim Jong-un, the president of North Korea?
Or would it be this deranged tool, D. Trumpf, the president of the United States?
Are you sleeping well lately?
Friday, April 14, 2017
Because It's Aladamnbama, Where They Have Weaponized Jesus
Holy crap. The Alabama Senate has voted to allow a church to form its own police force. Lawmakers on Tuesday voted 24-4 to allow Briarwood Presbyterian Church in Birmingham to establish a law enforcement department. The church says it needs its own police officers to keep its school as well as its more than 4,000 person…
Wednesday, April 12, 2017
The world has never been a peaceful place. While there were periods of relative peace, overall it's been mostly wars and rumors of wars since time began.
The United States has many serious problems but for the last decade or so it's been difficult to address these problems because our former president, Barack Obama, was forced to deal with an obstructionist Congress, states that were out-of-control, stupid and indifferent governors, state legislatures, mayors, city council, school boards, etc.
The Christian right has in recent years reared its ugly head and the rest of us have paid and are paying a terrible price as they work to decimate scientific knowledge, public schools, common sense, the Constitution, indeed the Commonwealth as we have known it for the past 200 plus years.
However, in spite of all the problems, some of us have felt, perhaps naively, a sense of safety. We had a president who struggled to do the right thing against unbelievable odds, but through it all, we knew him to be an intelligent, decent human being, who would not go off the rails on some whim, no matter how provoked he was. And he was provoked!
Unfortunately, our new president is insane. I mean that in a clinical sense. He's not just sort of nuts, he is certifiable. I'm not a psychologist but I do have an graduate degree in counseling and he portrays in his person most if not all of the characteristics of an insane person.
What he has done in his first 100 years is turn back the clock 100 years; he has unsettled the world. We can no longer wake up in the morning knowing that our president is not going to start a nuclear holocaust which will destroy the earth and everything on it. We know he might do such a thing while laying about at Mar-a-Lago because he claims he ordered the Syrian strike while having dinner there with a foreign visitor!
Here are some specifics:
* Many of his appointees come from Wall Street and are the same persons responsible for the great financial melt-down of 2008. His Treasury Secretary is none other than "Foreclosure King" Steve Mnuchin who is reputed to be without either conscience or feelings and is responsible for foreclosing on more than 36,000 homes. This does not bode well for people struggling to pay off big mortgages.
* Trump has chopped off all efforts to deal with global warming. His head of the EPA is Scott Pruitt, who has fought to kill the EPA for years, who denies the fact of global warming or at least that humans are responsible. It will not be long before our coastal cities will be under water but global warming has many other global effects, damaging farmer's crops and helping to destroy the seas upon which our planet depends for life.
* His Secretary of Commerce, Wilbur Ross, known as a "king of bankruptcy," is a fan of increased coal use which will increase global warming and continue to decimate the lives of thousands of people living in southeastern states.
* Trump believes in deregulation and in a recent interview with Fox Business News bragged about how he is in process of deregulating everything, which he thinks will help boost the economy. It won't do that, but it will make our food and water unsafe to eat or drink. It will make our drugs deadly to take. It will make our highways and byways dangerous to drive. It will allow the predator plutocrats who now run the country to take the rest of us for a financial ride which will end for many in death and despair.
* Trump is an "America First" kind of guy who has concluded that it is his right and responsibility to ensure that the rest of the world follows our lead in all things. We have sent missiles into Syria which seemed to have no impact at all except to kill a bunch of people and make our relationship with Russia, always a shaky one, even more difficult.
Trump has in 100 short days turned most of the world against us and has increased the chance of war with several countries, including one also led by an insane person with nuclear weapons, North Korea.
* Minorities of whatever stripe are scared to death - literally in many cases, as Trump and his henchmen seek out aliens to jail and/or deport. It matters not to them if families are struck asunder or if little children are stripped from their parents. These people, led by that swaggering little criminal, Jeff Sessions, (doesn't he remind you of Himmler?) are almost identical to the jack-booted Nazi thugs throwing Jews on the trains all across Europe in the 1940s.
* Public education is on a death watch. The person in charge, a "born-again" Christian with more money than god, hates public education and has worked all of her life to destroy it and she is now in process of doing just that. Teachers everywhere wander into their classrooms in the mornings wondering what fresh hell they will face that day from faceless, hostile bureaucrats.
* Those of us who depend on Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid are all also swirling in fear amidst a variety of rumors that these lifelines will soon be taken from us by nefarious monsters in Trump's White House and with Trump's blessing. We have learned quickly that in spite of Trump's promises to the contrary those rumors may well come true for Trump does not keep his promises; in fact, part of his insanity is that he doesn't even remember his promises!
If you can't sleep at night, it's a sign that you are a sane and sensible person. But remember you're not alone. There are millions of us in the same boat. And we need to keep bailing to stay afloat which means working to rid ourselves of this insane monster inhabiting the presidential offices.
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
According to the Huffington Post, Trump did not attend this year's seder in the White House. He was meeting with his generals, probably planning WWII or a nuclear holocaust because, well, he can.
The fact that he did not attend the seder may not seem like much in and of itself. He may have had better things to do. That's hard to imagine, however, considering that he spends very little time in the White House doing his job. In fact,
Trump would rather travel - mostly between Washington and Mar Lago. If this continues, by the end of the year, Trump will have spent more on travel than Obama spent in his eight years in office!
But not attending the seder points to a more serious matter. Trump and his father were known anti-Semites when they were in business together in New York City and at one point had to pay significant fines for not allowing Jews to live in their apartment buildings.
Not much has changed, in spite of the fact his son-in-law in an Orthodox Jew and his daughter, Ivanka, converted to the Orthodox brand of Judaism.
Trump has surrounded himself with white supremacists, people who are out and out anti-Semites, and who have for years paraded their anti-Semitism openly and proudly. Trump was and is supported by anti-Semitic groups such as the KKK. He is considered "their man" in the Oval Office.
Jews in this country should be concerned. Jews have been persecuted, mainly by Christians, ever since the common era began and the Christian church evolved out of the teachings of St. Paul (notice it did not evolve out of the teachings of Jesus, and in many cases, preached the opposite of what Jesus taught). It is unlikely that this anti-Semitic streak endemic to Christianity will ever change. Over two millenia, Christians have murdered Jews by the millions!
Trump claims to be a Christian which should make Jews very worried. Trump is not a Christian by any definition of Christian that I can find, thus as with the rest of his life, this claim, also, is fraudulent.
But wrap that claim around the fact that Trump is a fan of Adolf Hitler and we have a problem. According to Trump's wife, Melania, the Donald kept a copy of Mein Kampf by his bedside and referred to it often. We have seen how Trump has copied Hitler by his outright lies and his denial of those lies. That was a method Hitler applied often. Trump's need for idolization and adoration is quite like Hitler's similar needs. The "victory rallies" that Trump set up around the country, months after he had won the election is another example of Trump borrowing from the Hitler playbook.
Steven Reisner has written an important article for the Huffington Post (4/9/17) titled, "Trump Has Taken A Page Straight From The Hitler Playbook." What follows is a small piece of that article but I would suggest strongly that you read the entire article.
Toward the conclusion of the article, Reisner says this:
So when Trump stokes ethnic hatred by painting an immigrant ethnic group as criminals, rapists, and drug dealers (in much the same way that Nazi propaganda highlighted Jewish crimes); creates a special Office on Victims of Immigrant Crimes; and calls for a weekly report to "make public a comprehensive list of criminal actions committed by aliens," it does not feel like a leap to harken back to Hitler's creation of a special Office of Racial Policy, and the order from Hitler's Minister of Justice that called on prosecutors to "forward a copy of every [criminal] indictment against a Jew to the ministry's press division."
I play my language game very seriously because, as a Jew, I know that when one group is targeted, we must see all groups as targeted. As a Jew, I know that when bystanders ignore one outrage and then another and another, they become complicit and less likely to protest as time goes on. As a Jew, I know better than to confuse my current privilege with safety. And as a Jew, I know that when they come for the aliens, the Muslims, the Mexicans, when they come for the [fill in the blank], they come for me.
Saturday, April 8, 2017
The hypocrisy of da Trumpf is well-documented, so it should not come as a surprise when he is shown to be an even bigger hypocrite than originally suspected, but damn it, it does.
Da Trumpf has been especially concerned that no Syrian refugees (whether man, woman or sick child) sneak their way into this country. Terrorists, you know. Thus the infamous "ban." Photos of destitute, ill, starving mothers and their children made no impression on Trump's miniature heart.
The ban was, of course, up-front hypocritical. The countries on the damn ban list had not been a threat to this country and had never engaged in a terrorist act on our soil. Other countries, such as Saudi Arabia, not on the list, have been and continue to be, terrorist threats. The Saudis financed Osama bin Laden and the majority of those muck-ups involved in the 9/11 disaster were from Saudi Arabia.
[Which reminds me: I don't think we've ever gotten a decent explanation from George W. Bushki as to why he saw fit to provide the means for Saudis all over the US to exit the country ASAP after the 9/11 attacks. We can surmise it was because he knew Saudis were involved even though he hadn't bother to read the intelligence reports provided to him just before the attacks, or we can guess that it was because he and daddy and their friends had been sleeping with the Saudis for years and were involved in all sorts of intricate deals which involved what we know as petroleum.]
Back to Syria. Why would da Trumpf decide to send missiles into Syria when he had said all along he would never do such a thing? We know that what Trump says is meaningless because his brain, even smaller than his heart, allows him to utter all sorts of nonsense, none of which he understands and none of which makes sense. That's why his lies so often catch up with him. He can't remember, for example, that he was opposed to military action in Syria.
What changed? Da Trumpf claims it was the pictures in his mind of mothers and children killed or damaged by chemical weapons supposedly used by the Syrians. Okay, stop laughing. We know he doesn't give a damn about Syrian mothers and kids, chemically attacked or not!
So, why did he order the missile barrage? Well, he needed a distraction. This whole Russia business was liable to upset his presidential apple cart and he couldn't have that. Plus, his presidency has turned out to be one of the worst jokes ever played on the American people and the world, and he has no clue where to begin to straighten things out because the only "order" he ever had to utter was "You're fired!" on his make-believe reality show.
He needed a big distraction. The heat was becoming unbearable in that Oval Office and it was a bitch way down in Palm Beach. What better way to send the media and everyone else into a manufactured frenzy and get their minds off the massive failure of his presidency than to pretend he cares about mothers and kids in Syria and send in missiles to punish those who perpetrated the chemical attacks.
What the hell. Violence is terrible. Let's kill those responsible!
And finally, da Trumpf being the child that he is, wants, like Bushki wanted, to be a "war prezident"! So, the easiest way to do that is to escalate things in the Middle East by sending missiles into Syria. And his military advisers are all "hawks" who know that if reality ever strikes this country, their massive budget will be shrunk by at least 75% -- ergo, they need wars.
We can only hope the Russians are not as crazy as our despotic wanna-be dictator. As those in the know have explained, da Trumpf has moved the Doomsday Clock ... down to 2 and 1/2 minutes to midnight.
But's that's science and our presidential bozo operates by the seat of his pants.
[The phrase, "by the seat of your pants," means, according to the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary, to do something "without the necessary experience or ability."]
Wednesday, April 5, 2017
Sebastian Gorka, A Nazi Sympathizer By Any Other Name....
The Trump administration is full of hate. Pick your ethnic group, any one and you'll find there's a Trump official that either once belonged to an organization that condemned them or still does. From nationalists to alt-righters, from the KKK to Breitbart, they all have two common characteristics: they are all white supremacists and they all…
Saturday, March 25, 2017
Friday, March 17, 2017
Trump warned us, but most people weren't listening. Like Bush II, he wants to be a "war" president. This often happens to people who have never put on a uniform or have found a method, while in uniform, to remove themselves from danger.
Trump's tiny little fingers have waggled their way into setting us up for another war or multiple wars. He's proposing a budget which will give a 50 billion plus addition to an already bloated military budget! (At the expense of hundreds of programs which benefit our country and its people.) Notice also how we are suddenly being warned about countries dangerous to our health.
Iran is on the list, but Iran's been there for a long time. Iraq is back. Unfinished business is what it's being called. We're still in Afghanistan and it doesn't look like we'll pull of out of that country anytime soon as the Taliban is surging once again.
Now we've got boots on the ground in Syria with the promise of more direct intervention in the near future. Our war mongers never learn a thing. And the war mongering Trumpites chant in unison, "We must defeat ISIS!"
Rex Tillerson, the slimey former CEO of Exxon and currently our Secretary of State, is threatening a pre-emptive strike against North Korea. Does he not know that the man leading North Korean is an genuine psychopath who will send missiles into American cities?
Tillerson must be crazy himself.
Or a war monger!
And why is it that Saudi Arabia always gets a pass even though it is one of the most undemocratic societies in the world and it was mostly Saudis that were responsible for 9/11? The answer is oil, but you knew that.
And notice how friendly our leadership is with Russia and Putin. What's that all about? Are we going to fight Russia's wars? Putin headed up the deadly KGB for Christ's sake and is one of the most frightening humans on earth!
One thing you can be sure of: the ones crying for war are NOT the ones who will be fighting. It will be mostly the minorities, the poor, and those who have nobody looking out for their interests.
The really fearsome thing is that el prezidente does not seem to comprehend nuclear war. As he builds up our arsenals (after years of difficult negotiations to reduce nuclear weapons) he waggles his tiny little fingers as he flirts with the notion that there is such as thing as a "small" nuclear conflict and/or we can survive a nuclear war. He is an idiot. Nuclear war means total destruction for everything on the planet.
Will our representatives do their job and remove this moron from office before it's too late?
The following was sent to me by a friend and is so good and so on target I felt it my responsibility to pass it on. If only it would be read and understood by the millions of Americans living in middle America whose views of life and love have been warped beyond help by FAUX News, Rush Limburger, and other nogoodniks.
Alan Simpson, the former senator from Wyoming, said that senior citizens are "the Greediest Generation," and compared Social Security to a milk cow with 310 million teats.
Patty Myers, who lives in Montana, took umbrage at this typical Republican monster, and decided to help Simpson sequester the truth from his addled Republican brain.
She begins thusly: Hey Alan, let's get a few things straight!!!!!!
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole (tit) for FIFTY YEARS,
2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 years (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63.)
3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.
4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and "your ilk" pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goal posts for full retirement from age 65 to age, 67. NOW, you and your "shill commission" are proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN!
5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One and now "you morons" propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because "you idiots" mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal our money from Medicare to pay the bills.
6. I, and millions of other Americans have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you "incompetent bastards" spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after your ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt. To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "bullshit" to your incompetence. Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU.
1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?
2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?
3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?
It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators called Congress who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and your fellow nutcase thieves who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers.
And for what? Votes and your job and retirement security at our expense, you lunk-headed leech. That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic political careers. You know it, and we know it, and you know that we know it.
And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a bitch. No, I did not stutter!
P.S. And stop calling Social Security benefits "entitlements." "WHAT AN INSULT!! I have been paying in to the SS system for 52 years! It's my money - give it back to me the way the system was originally designed and stop patting yourself on the the back like you are being generous by doling out these monthly checks!