Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Rick Sanchez - the joke's on CNN

I knew Rick Sanchez when he was reporting for Fox News in Miami. Well, I didn't actually know him, but I used to watch him occasionally when nothing else was on. It was usually very painful.

Rick had a few problems. One time he got really drunk at a Dolphin game, ran over a guy with his car and killed him. Then he drove home to drink some more. The coppers showed up, but didn't have any proof he was drinking at the time of the hit and run. Sanchez pled no contest to a DUI and ended up working for CNN.

We were glad to see him gone from South Florida, as he was always a pompous ass who usually didn't have a clue as to what he was talking about.

He still doesn't.


Media Matters noted that "CNN's Rick Sanchez falsely suggested that Democrats rarely discuss their religious faith, saying of Sen. Barack Obama's speech at the Apostolic Church of God in Chicago, 'When was the last time that you saw a Democrat ... in church giving what appears to be a sermon to a congregation?" In fact, Media Matters for America has documented numerous examples of Democrats discussing their faith in churches and other public settings."


What bothers me is that Sanchez is allowed to go on national or international television and falsely accuse Obama of using his religion as a political stunt. On the June 15 of CNN Newsroom, following an interview with Obama, Sanchez said to CNN political editor, Mark Preston that Obama "does this [preach in church] in an effort to cut into that sizable John McCain white male lead, doesn't he? I mean, this is a values play by Barack Obama..."

Preston more or less defends Obama.

Sanchez comes back snidely: "But here's the question. This guy's there trying to sound or sounding or being sincere. I'm not getting into his heart. I'm not going to read what he's actually doing.

"I guess the question to you as an analyst is: Is this really Barack Obama sharing something with him that's very real and personal, or is this a politician taking a Machiavellian step to try and get voters he otherwise wouldn't get?"

Blah,blah, blah. You can read the entire transcript here.

Rick Sanchez, who has no soul, may be trying to take over Glenn Beck's place as the main nasty at CNN. But Sanchez is too damn dumb to pull it off. As usual, he sounds like a little kid trying to act tough.

Unfortunately, he's on a major network now. That is wonderful so far as the people of South Florida are concerned, but it's hell on the rest of the world!

And let me tell you something, Rick, there is no reason why any political candidate should have to talk about his/her religious faith or speak in any church, temple or mosque! None of that has anything to do with his/her qualifications to be president.

Maybe you ought to go back to Cuba where the scripts would be written out for you; at least you could blame Castro for looking like an idiot!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not know how the pudits become pundits or who hires them or why? I find that I do not watch most news channels. I do watch Public TV. I watch the News Hour; Charlie Rose, and other programs on Public TV,, along with 60 Minutes on a regular basis. I also read Time, Newsweek and US News & World Report. In additon I read my local newspaper but it gives little coverage outside my area. I also skim the Internet when I have time. I avoid Fox and others most of the time.
Bob Poris
Bob Poris

Anonymous said...

I must say that your criticism of Rick Sanchez is totally wrong. My opinion is that he can outsmart anyone else.He is so intelligent the ignoramuses cannot possibly comprehend this educated reporter.He is a great journalist, and I wish he could be an anchor on CNN!!!!!!!

Lowell said...

This is to the second "anonymous."

Thanks for writing, Rick. Your sense of humor is intact. But you're still a lousy journalist!

Forget becoming an anchor. Not even CNN's that hard up.

Jacob

Anonymous said...

There was an entire hour show with Hillary and Obama telling the world about their lifetime faith and how it affects their daily life. I do not know why a Fox Reporter missed that one. I listen to all these guys tell how religious they are and still can be politicians violating Jesus’ teaching re talking to God and about their faith in public, Apparently Jesus felt it was hypercritical. He believed that actions told us more than talking about how religious and pious one is. I think too many religious people have been exposed as sexually aberrant, money grubbing, hateful people, sexually abusive, etc. Even the Catholic Church has had a problem with morals.
Bob Poris

opinions powered by SendLove.to