Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Can't bury influence (Photo)

At first they told me I "couldn't take it with me" when I died and went to the Happy Hunting Ground. I always figured they were talking about money the point being that one should not work so hard to obtain money and the things money can buy that one misses out on the joys of life because "you can't take it with you."

Actually, you could take it with you, I suppose. Just arrange to have your wealth transformed into $100 bills, say, and bury them right next to you in the coffin. If you had a lot of $100 bills, you might need a bigger coffin; maybe a double-decker.

But you could do it.

Now, they're telling me (according to this sign) that "it" might be my "influence" and I can't take that with me, either! Sheesh! They don't want me to take anything!

This is kinda funny, though, because "influence" is a tricky thing. What does it mean? Can you have a good influence and/or a bad influence? And do you really think you have much influence over anybody?

Lastly, do you think your influence will live on after you're gone? In other words, is anybody gonna miss you for any reason?


This is just too difficult to think about. I'm gonna go have a beer.

No comments:

opinions powered by SendLove.to