Friday, March 20, 2009

Liddy, AIG, hypocrisy and greed!

Here's the latest from BuzzFlash (in case you missed it):

When Edward Liddy, now the chief honcho at A.I.G., headed up Allstate Insurance, he had no qualms about firing 6,000 agents. What contracts? Who gives a damn about contracts?

Because Liddy has done a 180 and now cries that A.I.G. contracts are sacred, even though these "A.I.G. Execs ... Led American Into Losing Hundreds of Billions of Dollars" ...

"Liddy is the BuzzFlash GOP Hypocrite of the Week ... for this and so much more. He even called these 'retention' bonuses at A.I.G..., even though 11 of the multi-millionaire execs had already left the company. A.I.G. and Liddy exemplify the Reagan/Bush era of no responsibility for one's actions as long as one swears an oath to greed."


But there's more...unbelievably!

"A.I.G. Sues U.S. for Return of $306 Million in Tax Payments." Yup. A.I.G. "is quietly fighting the federal government for the return of $306 million in tax payments, some related to deals that were conducted through offshore tax havens."

A.I.G. is using taxpayer money in their suit.

The IRS denied A.I.G.'s initial claim last year.

No comments:

opinions powered by SendLove.to