Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bush quotes from the 2000 Campaign

We'll be posting a variety of quotations from the Connecticut CowBoy, George W. Bush, in the weeks and months ahead. We must never forget the "genius" of this warmonger prezident. And we must remember, too, that Senator John McCain comes out of the same mold.

The following quotes are from Serendipity.

* "It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas." -- Beaverton, Oregon - September 25, 2000

* "The reason we start a war is to fight a war, win a war, thereby causing no more war!" -- spoken at the First Presidential Debate, 2000

* (This quote displays in painful detail how ignorant George W. Bush really is): "The Legislature's job is to write the law. It's the executive branch's job to interpret law." -- November 2000. (In case you're confused, the Judicial Branch interprets the law and the Executive Branch enforces or carries out the law!)

* "Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods." -- December 20, 2000

* "Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness." -- CNN online chat, August 30, 2000

* "I don't know whether I'm going to win or not. I think I am. I do know I'm ready for the job. And, if not, that's just the way it goes." -- Des Moines, Iowa, August 21, 2000

* "We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile." -- Des Moines, Iowa, August 21, 2000

* "I have a different vision of leadership. A leadership is someone who brings people together." -- Bartlett, Tennessee, August 18, 2000

* "And if he continues that, I'm going to tell the nation what I think about him as a human being and a person." -- Today Show, August 1, 2000

* "This case had had full analyzation and has been looked at a lot. I understand the emotionality of death penalty cases." -- Seattle Post-Intelligencer, June 23, 2000

* "The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case." -- Pella, Iowa, January 30, 2000

* "States have the right to enact reasonable laws and restrictions particularly to end the inhumane practice of ending a life that otherwise could live." -- Cleveland, Ohio, July 1, 2000

* "The fundamental question is, 'Will I be a successful president when it comes to foreign policy?' I will be, but until I'm president, it's going to be hard for me to verify that I think I'll be more effective." - Wayne, Michigan, as quoted by Katharine Q. Seelye in The New York Times, June 28, 2000

* "There's not going to be enough people in the system to take advantage of people like me." -- On the coming Social Security crisis - Wilton, Connecticut, June 9, 2000

* "I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." -- U.S. News & World Report, April 3, 2000


More to come...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In spite of everything, he won..twice.
Bob Poris

Anonymous said...

That is so sad...

Anonymous said...

He still has the ability to do great harm and is taking advantage of it. Sad!!
Bob Poris

opinions powered by SendLove.to