Sunday, March 2, 2008

TSA - Who They Are

"We are your neighbors, friends and relatives. We are 43,000 security officers, inspectors, directors, air marshals and managers who protect the nation's transportation systems so you and your family can travel safely ..."


"I am TSA - I am the frontline of defense, drawing on my imagination to creatively protect America from harm. I am a Transportation Security Officer."

This just in from Boing Boing:

"A Fox affiliate managed to get ahold of the TSA's raw data on luggage theft on their watch and is reporting that a whopping $31 million worth of valuables disappeared from the aviation system in the past three years. Many of these items went missing from within suitcases, pilfered in transit after the TSA inaugurated its no-locks policy on checked bags."

Won't you sleep better tonight knowing that the TSA, "the frontline of defense," is "drawing on ...[his/her] imagination to creatively" steal your stuff from your unlocked bags the next time you scrunch up in that little, bitty seat with your legs crushing your chest and fly off into the wild, blue yonder?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I try not to fly! I do not feel the delays are worth the effort. I keep thinking a terrorist can get thru the lines but I am no expert.
Bob Poris

opinions powered by SendLove.to