Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The HAPPY Act or Republicans like dogs better than humans

The HAPPY Act (aka the Humanity and Pets Partnered Through the Years Act) was brought before Congress by a dipshit Repugnican Congressman from Michigan, named (and you might want to write this down if you live in Michigan so you can be sure to vote against him the next time he runs) Thaddeus McCotter.

Mr. McCotter, a Repugnican, has to be opposed to health care reform for humans in this country, but he doth love little animals and their owners. He loves them so much that he's proposed this dippy HAPPY Act which would give pet owners the right to deduct $3,500 per year in pet care expenses.

Yup! $3,500 per year. In a time of a growing deficit, a time when every one who cares about anything is trying to find funds to allow us to enact legislation of benefit to real people, this moron wants to further reduce the amount of money coming in to the government. I guess Bush's tax cuts for the rich just didn't do enough damage for him.

Now I love animals, too. I have a dog. I've had pets all my life. And while I do consider it the responsibility of government to provide health care for all, I've never considered it the responsibility of the government to subsidize everyone's pet health care costs!


We must remember, though, that McCotter is a Repugnican. Which is evidence by itself that he is lacking in common sense and intelligence.

Watch and listen to this moron.



h/t to WalletPop Blog

2 comments:

A World Quite Mad said...

While I think it would be nice to maybe be able to deduct up to $500 or so in vet bills, our pets are like family after all, I mean how much do you spend at the vet in a year?

$3500?!?! That's more than I can deduct for my student loans, the max of which is $2500 a year in paid interest. And I pay a hell of a lot more than that in interest, but I digress.

Really, if you don't support health care reform, and by that I mean universal, single payer, government funded health care, how can you tout something like this?

If they'd tax the filthy rich and quit giving Corporations that are making record profits tax subsidies, like the oil companies, we wouldn't have a deficit.

Bob Poris said...

We do have some idiots in Michigan. They are all over!!!

opinions powered by SendLove.to