Thursday, April 17, 2008

Lieberman Hesitates to Call Obama a Commie!

Is Barack Obama a Marxist, a Commie?

Lieberman said so, sort of. When the "Sanctimonious Hobbit" (that's Lieberman) was asked about Bill Kristol's linking of Obama to Karl Marx, he sputtered. It was on the Brian and Judge radio show. The question was direct - was Obama a Marxist? The Sanctimonious Hobbit said, "I must say, that's a good question ... I will tell you that during this campaign, I've learned some things about him, about the kind of environment from which he came ideologically. And I wouldn't ... I'd hesitate to say he's a Marxist, but he's got some positions that are far to the left of me and I think mainstream America."

What a wuss!

And that mealy-mouthed, chicken-shit answer is from the man that Obama went to bat for two years ago when Lieberman was up against Ned Lamont in the Connecticut primary. Obama gave a major speech in which he endorsed Lieberman for re-election!

Jane Hamsher on Firedoglake notes an AP story from 2006 which reported that "Lieberman became Obama's mentor when Obama was sworn into the Senate in 2005. But...at the very end of the 2006 race, Obama switched to support Lamont, who had won the Democratic primary and Lieberman was tossed out of the Democratic party on his ass! Sounds reasonable to me.


As I've said before, this kind of crap is going to multiply in the coming months. Michael Savage, which no sensible person even begins to take seriously, has called Obama "a Marxist in his heart." Dear heart! Savage, who likes to savage people continued: "He's an Afro-Leninist, and I know he's dangerous." What in the hell is an "Afro-Leninist"?

Is this a great country, or what? I mean a total moron like Michael Savage is given a nationally-syndicated radio show! This is the same guy who said a while back that Obama was "an unknown stealth candidate who went to a madrassas in Indonesia ... [and] I think he was hand-picked by some very powerful forces both within and outside the United States of America [probably Jewish, don't you think?] to drag this country into a hell that it has not seen since the Civil War of the middle of the 19th century ... [and] the American people, being at war with radical Islam have a -- have a need to know just exactly what kind of Muslim he was exposed to, what kind of Muslim he is, what kind of Muslim teachings he's -- he's friendly to...."

Supposedly about 8 million people in this country listen to this Savage idiot every week. Maybe there isn't any hope!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are in deep doo doo when the electorate leaps to absurd conclusions with no facts about any and all candidates. I am not for Obama due to his lack of a resume in these times of trouble. I like and respect McCain for his service to the USA but rarely agreed with his voting record in the Senate. That leaves Hillary whose brain and wide range of knowledge I respect. I regret that so many good candidates dropped out so early, so my choices are limited. At the same time, I am not sure my votes counted in Palm Beach County and it certainly isn’t being counted in the recent primaries, here in Florida. I do not think Obama is a Muslim or a Marxist. I know little about him, other than what he has told us and what I can observe. I do not have to demonize him just because he is not my choice. (NOTE: I was a Republican from 1950 to 1998)
Bob Poris

opinions powered by SendLove.to