Tuesday, January 3, 2012
It's time to be proud ... of our President ...
Yesterday, for example, possible front-runner Mitt Romney said this:
"I think president Obama wants to make us a European style welfare state, where instead of being a merit society, we're an entitlement society, where government's role is to take from some and give to others. What I know is if they do that, they'll substitute envy for ambition, and they'll poison the very spirit of America and keep us from being one nation under God.
"I want to see America united. I watch a president who has become the great divider, the great complainer, the great excuse giver, the great blamer."
It is difficult to realize that this very stupid and cretinous person has any chance at all of becoming president. Everything Romney said is false! All lies! Everything! It is a deliberate attempt to turn people against our president and thus bring down our country in order to gain power and turn the United States into an oligarchy where the rich rule. If there were a just god, surely she would strike down Mr. Romney in the corn fields of Iowa!
The truth is, in 2012, we have a president of which we can be proud, even when we disagree with him! He isn't a perfect president. There is no such thing. But after the dark years of George Bush, he is a ray of light! It is time for Americans to stand up to the Romneys, the Bachmanns, the Santorums, the Gingriches, the Pauls and denounce their message of lies.
It is time for all to be proud of someone in the White House...proud...a word we have been wanting:
Thank you, Mr. President,
* for the 'room-lighting' smile
* for the mind that always thinks
* for preventing a second Great Depression
* for the humor
* for bringing the number of women on the Supreme Court to 3
* for making the White House the 'people's' house
* for 1.1 million jobs created in 2010 alone - more than were created during the entire 8 years of George Bush's tenure
* for the Penny Ice Creamery in Santa Cruz, California
* for the love of people
* for the love of family
* for America's first Lady
* for health care reform
* for leaving the past behind
* for helping the world to begin to respect America again
* for quietly and calmly dealing with crisis after crisis, after crisis, after crisis, even if not being responsible for any of them
* for being so 'cool'
* for being fierce - when needed
* for having the intellect to be curious
* for the capacity to know that you are, as we are, imperfect
* for having the sense to not let it destroy you
* for the capacity to be compassionate
* for being an inspiration to so many
* for saving the auto industry and at least 1.4 million jobs
* for loving the troops
* for understanding the horrible price of war
* for bringing 100,000 men and women back from Iraq
* for facing the most difficult and loneliest job in the world with grace, dignity, honesty and guts in spite of so many 'Haters'
* for being, in spite of all the hate, pettiness, racism, corruption and immaturity around, the most progrressive and 'for the people' president in decades
* and simply for this - for being................Mr. President!