Thursday, November 24, 2016
American Nazis And Fascists and Racists Will Be Defeated
American Nazis and Fascists have finally gotten a place at the table, thanks to Prezident-elect, da Trump.
Trump's senior advisor is a Nazi who for years has operated a white-supremacist/Nazi website.
The Klan is marching again. Swastikas are appearing all over the country, on signs and banners and defacing public and private buildings.
But, we beat the bastards once, and we'll beat them again.
Other notes this Thanksgiving which, due to Trump's election, there is little for which to be thankful:
* It's costing American taxpayers $1 million per day to provide security for Trump and his family in New York City.
* Rumors are that Ben Carson has accepted or is considering the office of Secretary of HUD. Carson has absolutely no experience in public housing or urban planning and has shown no interest in it. And from what we've seen during the 2016 when he was running for the Repuglican nomination, he's pretty much an ignorant, bumbling fool.
* Trump has chosen Betsy Devos to head up the Education department. There couldn't be a worse choice. She and her husband, a billionaire, have devoted their lives to the destruction of public education in favor of privatization and charter schools. She is an ultra-right wing fanatic Christian who fails to understand that public schools are the foundation of our democracy.
* Trump is a congregation of messes. His business entanglements make it impossible to function as prezident. He has business connections in many shaky countries which will definitely compromise his ability to deal properly with their needs or desires. He owes hundreds of millions of dollars to banks in China and other countries. The other day while speaking with President Erdogan of Turkey, Trump promoted his business partner in that country, a clear abrogation of his presidential responsibilities!
* Trump's advisor on "Space" wants to defund NASA's climate, i.e. global warming work.
* Although Trump knows nothing about foreign affairs or even how our country works, he is blowing off the daily intelligence briefings offered by our intelligence community. He's attended two such briefings in the past two weeks. But then he has been busy twitting about his dislike of the cast of "Hamilton," and Saturday Night Live's caricature of him on that show.
* Trump appointed Nikki Haley, the governor of South Carolina, as the U.S. Ambassador to the UN. Haley, is an ultra-right wing politico with no experience or expertise in foreign policy, the United Nations, or anything else of importance.
* Last, but far from least, is Trump's appointment of Jeff Sessions, the Alabama crackpot, as Attorney General. Sessions was rejected some years back as a federal judge because of his racism. He is a bigot extraordinaire and an out-and-out racist.
Enjoy your turkey if you can!