1. Have you ever seen a real estate ad that said a house for sale was in a bad or
- I've seen lots of articles lately about how stress can really
mess you up. All those articles have created a lot of stress in my
- Why is it that Republicans in Congress are suddenly deeply
concerned about the deficit when we heard nary a word from them when
George W. Bush was waging wars with China's money?
- Did you ever notice that “gourmet” restaurants serve
smaller portions of food that doesn't taste very good?
- Why is Ted Yoho (R-Fla) sponsoring a gun safety event instead
of helping to create jobs in our county? And on the anniversary of
the Newtown tragedy yet.
- Who are the Kardashians and why should we care?
- Could we please send Sarah Palin off into the woods where
nobody would have to listen to her inane blather?
- Isn't it interesting that the “bipartisan” budget deal is
built on the backs of the poor?
- Just read about a Ted Cruz coloring book. Some stupid people
are buying it. I would buy it just for fun but I don't know which
colors represent reprehensible, mean, greedy, unChristian, nasty,
hateful, spiteful, and snobbish behavior.
- This morning an old man driving a hybrid car dashed into a
parking space at the supermarket going the wrong way just as I was
entering the space going the right way. He wouldn't move back to
his proper space. Just because you're old doesn't mean you get a
pass so you can be stupid and onery! [By the way, he spent most of
his time in the store buying lottery tickets.]
- Some folks in my town want to build a baseball stadium to
entice a minor-minor (NY Yankees) league team to relocate from
another town in this state. The county commission thinks the
county/city should pay for the stadium, i.e., the taxpayers. It
will involve a half-cent tax. The New York Yankees have more money
than god. Why should taxpayers build that flourishing enterprise a stadium? If day follows
night, the team will leave in a year or two to another, more
promising city and we'll be stuck with a monstrosity that sits
vacant most of the time.
- Re the previous item: It's possible that the taxpayers will
approve this half-cent tax for a baseball stadium. What would be the
reaction if the politicos proposed a half-cent tax for new schools
or to help pay teacher's salaries? As Santa would say, “Ho, ho,
ho! No, no, no!”
- Please NEVER call my social security or Medicare an “entitlement.” That implies I did not earn it nor deserve it! Mitt Romney's paycheck can be called an entitlement for most of what he has comes from his family and the avoidance of taxes.
- We have another “battle of the cross.” In San Diego. On
a hill at a veteran's memorial. Why do some people insist on
flaunting their religious beliefs in the face of the rest of us?
There's nothing wrong with a veteran's memorial but a cross remains
a Christian symbol and disparages all non-Christian veterans. We
have enough pagan religious icons in this country. A judge said
“take it down.” Sort of. His decision will be appealed and
Justice Scalia implied that if it hits the Supremes all will be well
and the Christian symbol can stay on the hill. This is a Christian
- The Hawaii state health official who released President
Obama's birth certificate was killed in a plane crash on Wednesday.
She was the only one killed in the crash. Her name was Loretta
Fuddy. A tragedy. Donald Trump, however, showing how much he cares
about real people and those who loved Ms. Fuddy, implied that
Obama's birth certificate was a fake and that Ms. Fuddy was implicated in forging the certificate and was killed to
ensure her silence about the matter. Would it be too much to ask
that the media not publish anything that comes from the sick mind of
- The city of Detroit has received judicial permission to move
forward and cut the pensions of city retirees. The city of Detroit,
while cutting pensions, plans to spend $444 million dollars to build
a new hockey arena. Is there a way to lock up the
brainless turds that despoil our country?
- Some of our media people are really stupid. Many of those
folks work for FAUX News. Not all, though. Just watch NBC and CNN,
especially. One of the stupidest is Megyn Kelley of FAUX News. A
woman wrote her that Santa did not have to have white skin. Well,
Ms. Kelley knows damn well that Santa was white. And, for that
matter, so was the other mythical guy, Jesus. Perhaps Ms. Kelley
has been so indoctrinated at FAUX News that she thinks people can't
have faith in a person of color. I mean, FAUX News constantly
points out that President Obama, a man of color, is not worthy of
praise or worship or even respect. And it's too bad he should get a decent night's sleep!
- In Bullock County, Georgia, teachers were told they could not
promote their Christian beliefs in the classroom or in their lessons
or on their computers. A right-wing legal group complained that
this violated the first-amendment rights of the teachers. Why do
Christians insist on promoting their religion in the public sphere?
A ban on such behavior does not deny anyone their first-amendment
rights! Teachers who try to make little Christians out of their
students are violating the United States Constitution. What's so
hard to understand about that?
- Why do people driving cars with little Jesus fish attached
drive 20 miles over the speed limit on the highways? Doing so makes
- Finally, some tidbits from the latest issue of Harper's
- 942,000 U.S. fast-food workers receive federal and state
- The cost of this aid is more than $7,000,000,000.
- 71 percent of Tea Party crackpots think Obama is
destroying the country.
- Cancer prevention gets a mere 11% of the NFL's pink
breast-cancer awareness merchandise sales.