Friday, May 9, 2008

Atheistic addiction

(Photo is of "addicted" atheistic youth at an atheist conference)

It's rather fun and always interesting to read some of the so-called "Christian" blogs and websites on the Net. You won't learn much of value, but you'll quickly find out how just how goofy some of your friends and neighbors are.

For example, this blog has an article titled "Addicted to Atheism." The writer, Edward, is deadly serious. Atheism is an addiction and he can prove it. In fact he's drawn a diagram to "illustrate how the dynamic of atheistic addiction operates," and you can see it here.

Edward complains that atheists are tough to convert to Christianity because "many of them are in the throes of addiction. They are addicted to atheism."

He explain that atheism brings an "initial rush of freedom combined with ... intense narcissism that follows the abandonment of ... faith in God" and that "tends to hold atheists in a spiral that results in the destruction of their purposeful lives."

Oh god! Edward is a disaster. Someone help the poor fellow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They manage to use scientific terminology in such strange ways that it boggles the mind. I can understand that they think atheists are nuts. I can also understand why some atheists thing a belief in god is nuts. I do not understand why it is worth so much discussion. If one believes, one doesn’t or shouldn’t need constant affirmation. If one believes their child is unique in some way, other opinions shouldn’t matter unless there is a compelling reason to know. If I am convinced that black is white, why should that matter unless I have the authority to make others believe as I do. I am personally Ignostic re religious belief. It is not worth an argument usually. Let each believe what they wish. Proof is impossible as it is based on faith alone. I know my kids and grandchildren are all geniuses and incredibly attractive. No amount of argument will change that as all tests are either subjective or flawed as far as I am concerned. In the long run, it makes no difference to me that others do not agree with me, unless their opinion harms us personally in some way, like not winning a beauty contest or getting into a school. Otherwise I do not care that all of you reading this think differently. I think some people are equally addicted to their belief. So what?

Bob Poris

opinions powered by SendLove.to